Enable Opening CAD Documents in Any Application
View CAD files without expensive CAD software or heavy third-party viewers! Sounds too good? - But that is true. With CADViewX, you can open, view and print CAD drawings in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word or, if you are a programmer, you can embed the CAD viewer functionality into your applications and open, view or print CAD documents right in your application. The library comes with demo examples for Delphi, VB, VB.NET, C#, J#, Microsoft Word and HTML.
Popular CAD and image formats
The library supports the following formats: AutoCAD DWG & DXF, HPGL, SVG and CGM. Besides, it enables the applications to open, view and print regular image files, such as BMP, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, and dozens of other formats.
CADViewX makes handling CAD files convenient and easy. Just roll the mouse wheel forward / backward for zooming in / out or press the right mouse button or wheel to drag the object. Frequent operations are available through the context menu, toolbar and common keyboard shortcuts.
Flexible print options
Print a drawing of any size on a number of paper sheets of a smaller size at the scale you want with tile printing: an A1 drawing can be split into 8 A4 pages, which can be later united into the original large drawing. Avoid printing the whole file over if the printer has jammed a paper sheet - print one 'tile' only that you need and add it to those that have been printed. Print the selected area only or the view area. Make high-quality prints of color drawings on black-and-white printers without grey halftones. Predefined sizes for standard formats (US: A, B, C, D, E; ISO-A, DIN: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0) will save your time on setting up print options.
CADViewX is especially great for creating:
§ Database Applications
§ Web Applications
§ Applications that require access to vector data of a drawing.
- AutoCAD DWG, DXF and all versions of DWF
- Hewlett-Packard PLT Viewer: HPGL, HGL, HG, PRN, SPL
- Scalable Vector Graphics: SVG
- Computer Graphics Metafile: CGM
- PS Adobe
- Windows metafile: EMF, WMF
- All popular raster drawings supported, including TIFF, BMP, JPG, PSD, and GIF
- Compressed files (.zip, .tar, .gz)
- Copying the drawing to the clipboard as BMP or EMF
- Export to the following formats:
- Exporting drawings to raster formats EMF, WMF, BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF with the possibility of additional settings
- Saving vector data when exporting to DXF
- 3D Viewing
- Viewing a full / scaled picture in addition to the main view
- Viewing image layers
- Viewing file attributes such as name, size, path to the file, creation and modification time, measurements, amounts of blocks, entities and tables
- Colour and black-and-white modes for CAD files
- Supporting SHX-fonts, including UNICODE and BIGFONTS.
- Creating new images
- Adding some entities to images
File navigation in demos:
- Dynamic scaling of the drawing with the help of the mouse-wheel, like in AutoCADTM. ‘Find text' and ‘Show point' and ‘Show rect' quickly link to the necessary part of the drawing.
- Preset sizes for standard formats (ISO-A; DIN: A4, A3, A2, A1, A0; US: A, B, C, D, E).
- High-quality prints can be made of color drawings using a black-and-white printer without grey tones.
- Printing ‘in tiles' allows printing images on any number of sheets of any size with the necessary scale. For example, large images (A0, A1 etc) can be divided into many small pages of a different size which can be later put together into one big drawing. Any ‘tile' can be printed separately. Therefore, if one page seems defective (e.g. because of some problems with the printer), it is possible to re-print this page separately.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Check out CADViewX in action - download the demo version.