Quickreport Professional Version 5
QR5 is compatible with QR4 report designs, and existing applications will run without changes. Most of the visible changes affect previewing and exporting reports, with a few new options for band behaviour. Several new controls are introduced, including three that support double-byte characters.
Quickreport Professional Version 5 Features
Include more defensive handling of network printers, and less interaction with printers and miscellaneous memory leak and logic fixes.
- Events to control and customise standard preview.
- Allow printing straight from the printer-setup button
- Option to set the default extension in preview. For instance PDF instead of QRP.
- Copy to clipboard' button on standard preview form.
- New property for printables - 'ExportAs' = ( etNumeric, etText, etFormula, etLabel ) for XL.
- It is possible to limit the number of pages in the preview, and a 'Cancel' button is added to the standard preview.
- Background colour for report.
- Childbands can print before, after or before and after their parent.
Alternative report viewer
Based on XML format, the new previewer has better rendering and search facilites, and supports drill-down and mouse events.
- Sub-report control, displays a report within a report.
- Wild band. Print anytime you want.
- Controls with double-byte support, QRMBLabel, QRMBMemo and QRMBDbText.
- FrameLines control - extends vertical lines over page breaks.
- TQRShape has 2 new shapes, left and right diagonal lines.
The following controls from the QR PowerPack set are now included
Report element components:
- TQRPBand, TQRPChildBand: printing of this bands can be suppressed depending on a QuickReport expression
- TQRPLabel can print rotated text
- TQRPDBText can suppress printing of repeated values or of numerical fields with a value of zero
- TQRPExpr can print rotated expressions
- TQRPShape adds diagonal lines and triangles to QuickReport's TQRShape
- TQRPDBImage can print external image files whose file names are stored in a data field
- TQRPMemo allows embedding expressions in the memo text and individually suppressing blank lines
- TQRPRichtext allows embedding expressions in the RTF and individually suppressing blank lines
- TQRPGrid prints various styles of grids
- TQRPCheckbox prints various styles of checkboxes (even with custom bitmaps)
- TQRPExprCheckbox can print data aware TQRPCheckboxes
- TQRGridReport automatically creates a QuickReport form to print the content of a DBGrid as it is shown on the screen
- TQRStringgridReport automatically creates a QuickReport form to print the content of a TStringgrid as it is shown on the screen
New functions for QuickReport's expression evaluator:
- Abs returns the absolute value of the argument.
- CalcDate can be used to add or subtract days, months or years to or from a date
- CalcTime can be used to add or subtract hours, minutes or seconds to or from a given time
- Chr converts an ordinal (ASCII-) value to a character
- ColumnNo returns the current report column
- Currency gets the currency string according to Windows' country settings
- DayOfWeek returns the day of week for a given date
- DayString returns the name of a day according to Windows' current country settings
- DetailCount returns the number of detail records
- DetailNo gets the current record number
- ExtractDay returns only the day from a given date
- ExtractMonth returns only the month from a given date
- ExtractYear returns only the year from a given date
- FieldLen returns the size of a data field
- GetCaption gets the caption from another report component, e.g. the result of other TQRExpr components
- IsNull checks if a data field has been assigned a value; works with memo and blob fields
- MonthString returns the name of a month according to Windows' current country settings
- PadLeft fills up a string with spaces from the left
- PadRight fills up a string with spaces from the right
- QueryParam gets the value of a TQuery parameter
- ReadINI reads strings from any INI file
- ReadRegistry reads strings from the registry
- RecordCount gets the record number from a dataset
- ReformatDate formats a given date with Delphi's FormatDateTime function
- StrToNum converts a string to a number
- Trim removes leading and trailing blanks from a string
QRDesign, the end user report design component previously published by Timo Hartmann Software, will be included with each full and upgrade copy of QR5. Win32 versions for Delphi 7, 2006 and 2007 will be released first. We will then be releasing versions for C++ Builder 5, 6, 2006 and 2007 depending on demand. QRDesign for use Quickreport 4 in Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006 and 2007 will also be available for QR5 users.